Thursday, November 13, 2008

Brand-New Coach Laptop Sleeve

This is the C-list at its absolute BEST. Okay, it was listed for about two months with random flakes contacting me to say they had to have it one minute and then canceling the next. Lowballing the price. Insulting my pictures. Ugh ... this is why I hate people.

But lightning finally struck this week when a woman who recently bought one of my old leather jackets emailed to say hi, how much she loved the "leath-a" (remember Stella from the last season of Project Runway?), and that she'd pick up the Coach sleeve tomorrow morning if I still had it. You can't ask for a better sitch. I brought it to work with me, she arrived as promised, and I even made $5 above the asking price 'cause neither one of us had change.

To tell you the truth, I would've returned the damn thing to the Coach outlet at some point within the next year or so -- I just didn't feel like driving all the way up there. I figured what the hell? If I can sell it on the C-list, it'll save me a trip. As you can well imagine, I made 100% profit to cover my time and original gas money. Hey, gas wasn't cheap this summer and she was thrilled. Who am I to stand between a woman and her Coach fix? 

No comments: