Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tie One On ...

Most of the ridiculous crap I have was purchased for the sole purpose of being resold -- ah yes, that elusive eBay fortune I keep dreaming of. So what's with the vintage men's ties? I couldn't help myself ... it was the summer Carson Kressley was all about using men's ties as the latest uber-cool belt. And far be it from me to argue with the gospel of "Queer Eye."

So when my BFF and I headed out for some hardcore yard-saling, I saw dollar signs and couldn't pass them up. All 40 of them. After picking out a few of my faves, the rest were destined for the C-list. I posted, re-posted, and posted again. Ugh, I can't even remember how long it took to sell them. Sure, you get the wackjobs who say they're interested, but we know better. Then finally one rainy day last spring, this woman was having a cow over the damn ties. She picked them up that night and told me she was a total tie freak. Um, yeah. What she's tying up with those ties is a whole other blog.

No comments: