Sunday, November 16, 2008

Speaking of Coach ...



Okay, this was the motherload of all motherloads ... it even tops the Neoclassic Dining Table fiasco. It started with my Coach obsession and the signature/leather duffle purchased at FULL PRICE from the Coach store. After the honeymoon phase wore off (about a week), I soon realized the limited amount of space in this bag. My love of all things Coach wasn't enough to overcome the Tetris-like effort it took to get my damn wallet in and out of this friggin' bag. Onto to the C-list it went. OVER TWO YEARS AGO!

Next was the Kate Spade Sam Bag purchased on eBay about five years ago. At the time, I thought it was uber-cool with those go-with-everything Cheetah spots. Unfortunately, I don't like bags without a zippered, foldover or otherwise complete top closure. The possibility that some lowlife could stick their mitts inside my bag was enough for me to say fuhgeddaboudit. Never used, this too was destined for life in the closet. Oh well, over it. I can't even tell you how many times I posted this damn thing on the C-list. MORE THAN TWO YEARS AGO!

Last, this LV roll bag with cute wristlet just didn't cut it for me. A gift from an ex, it wasn't hard for me to let go of it - or him - without batting an eye. Never used, I didn't think it would take long to sell on the C-list. THAT WAS WELL OVER TWO YEARS AGO -- MAYBE EVEN THREE! I stopped counting after a while ... . 

Now, don't get me wrong. There was plenty of interest in the Coach bag - but they were all flakes who thought they were doing me a favor by offering $100 to take it off my hands. Not happening. Seriously, how much closet space do you think I'm losing by keeping it? I vowed to hold out. I'm not saying I didn't lower the price (several times) but I just wasn't willing to go below $150 for a MINT condition bag that was originally $258 plus tax. The other bags initially had a few price inquiries, but no real takers. Whatever. I basically stopped listing them but left the pics on my photo hosting site. I almost forgot what closet they were stuffed in. (Not really.)

Until about a month and a half ago one Monday morning. A fashionista emailed and said she was interested in all three bags (are you freakin' kidding me?) and would be in my area on Friday. This was too good to be true. She emailed twice during the week and we scheduled a tentative time for a Friday night pick-up. 

Though we ended up playing phone tag for about 45 minutes Friday night (at which point I thought the sale was doomed), we eventually met and she scooped up all three bags to my utter astonishment - for the tidy sum of $300. What a coup ... three bags with one stone! Well, uh, you know what I mean. 

No comments: